INCLUSION DRIVES INNOVATION - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
National Disability Employment Awareness Month is observed in October to educate about disability employment issues and celebrate the many and varied contributions of America's workers with disabilities.
Did you know...
- 10% of U.S. citizens, ages 16-64, have a disability. Over 20 million people.
- 34% of U.S. citizens who have a disability, ages 16-64, are employed. Over 7 million people.
- A study of successful businesses showed hiring individuals with disabilities positively impacted their companies' bottom line.
How to learn more....
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), U.S. Department of Labor - research, policies, resources.
- Americans with Disablities Act (ADA) - prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act - electronic information must be accessible to individuals with disabilities.