Circulation Policy: Checking Out Materials
You must have a library card to check out materials. To obtain a library card, please visit the library on the Warner Robins, Macon or Milledgeville campus and bring your CGTC ID Card to the Circulation Desk. You will need to complete a Library Card Application - signing up only takes a few minutes!
- Books in the general Book Collection can be checked out for 2 weeks at a time.
- Some books are on reserve and cannot be checked out of the library.
- The Library Catalog will tell you if a book is "Available" (can be checked out) or on "Reserve for Library Use Only".
MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS
- Print magazines, journals and newspapers are for use inside the library, but hundreds of thousands of magazines, journals and newspapers are available online through GALILEO. Click here to search for an online journal in GALILEO. Or click on the Journals and Newspapers tab on this website.
- If searching off-campus for a journal in GALILEO, you will be prompted for the current GALILEO Password. The password is distributed each semester to all students by CGTC email, available on the Student Portal, and by request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DVDs and VIDEOS
- The Warner Robins, Macon and Milledgeville campus libraries have access to streaming videos online, and in-house DVD and VHS videos.
- Click here to find out what videos are available in support of your educational program.
RENEWALS AND OVERDUE FINES
- You can renew any item checked out from the library either in person or over the phone.
- Overdue items may result in a charge of 10 cents per item per day late.
- Charges for lost or damaged items will be equal to the cost of replacement.
The complete Circulation Policy is available online by clicking here. All items must be returned by the end of the semester. A hold will be placed on the BANNER account of any patron with unpaid fines or with unreturned items at the end of the semester.
Computers are available during normal operating hours for the following patrons at the Macon and Milledgeville libraries:
- CGTC Credit-hour students
- CGTC Dual-enrollment high school students
- CGTC Adult Learning Center students
- CGTC Faculty and Staff
- CGTC Economic Development meeting participants
- Fort Valley State University cooperative agreement students
- Georgia College & State University cooperative agreement students
- Middle Georgia State College cooperative agreement students
- Technical College System of Georgia cooperative agreement students
Printing is also available from any computer workstation. For the complete Computer Use Policy, click here.
Need help finding a book?
Having trouble finding a specific book or article in the library collection? Let us know! We may be able to obtain a copy for you through Interlibrary Loan.
Group Study Rooms
The Warner Robins, Macon and Milledgeville campus librarieshave group study rooms available for groups of 2 or more. Call or visit the Circulation Desk to reserve the rooms.