Submitting a Question
- To submit a question, choose the "Submit a Question" button from the main page on Smarthinking. Then, select the subject area you need help in.
- The whiteboard will open in a new window. Type your question into the whiteboard using as many details about the problem as you have. Be as clear as possible about what you need help with. Do not just copy and paste your assignment into the whiteboard - your tutor needs to know exacly what you are having trouble understanding or completing. The more information you provide the tutor, the better their response will be.
- When you finish writing out your question, click on the "Submit Question" button in the upper right corner.
Checking for Response
You should receive a response to your question within 24 hours - but it may take as long as 48 hours. If you have waited longer than 48 hours for a response, please contact SMARTHINKING Customer Support for help. You can also contact the Academic Success Center during operating hours for assistance with your question.
To check for a response to your Offline Question on SMARTHINKING:
- Log in to SMARTHINKING.
- Click on the "Review my Sessions and Submissions" button on the homepage.
- Your question will appear in your activity log. Once the question has been answered by a tutor, the status will say "Returned".
Tips for Talking to Your Tutor
Minimum requirements to use SMARTHINKING:
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac 10.4+, Google Chromium, iOS, or Android
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox 12.0+, Internet Explorer 8.0+ or Safari 5.0+